About Concrete Stains and Dyes
Decorative concrete stain is extremely versatile with unlimited design possibilities on commercial, municipal, and residential floors. Our techniques transform a dull, gray, concrete surface into any design or color scheme desired from simple to sophisticated. They are suitable in industrial settings or in an elegant residential home, retail store, hotel or restaurant. Stained floors are often mistaken for marble, granite, or stone surfaces, however they can cost much less and are just as durable.
Stains and Dyes are not paint. They enhance the natural variation of cement. Frequently referred to as acid stains, the acids open up the pores while the minerals in stain react with salts and lime in concrete. This interaction creates dazzling affects resulting in multiple shades of color which vary in intensity. No two stained floors are ever alike. It creates a natural look which can transform a cement surface into an antique or contemporary floor.
We use various processes depending on the type of surface. We use decorative stains and dyes on concrete polished floors, thin overlays, self leveling overlays, stamped floors or plain, existing cement floors. This is a long lasting treatment that does not peel, chip, or fade. It will last as long as the floor itself. The look is rich, resembling marble or worn leather. Typical stains are natural earth tones of brown and green. We use dyes to create vibrant colors.
Concrete stained floors are easy to clean and unlike carpet, hardwood or tile, they don’t trap dust and dirt. Many overlays or polished surfaces are 100% seamless making them easy to keep clean.
- Resilient and Long Lasting
- Easy to Clean
- Great Value
- LEED Compliant
- Works with many Decors
Stains is available in numerous exciting colors. They can be combined to create unique tones or applied with layers of different colors. Concrete stain can be used for decorative design for both indoor and exterior floors. The clean, fresh look is popular for many outdoor uses such as patios, walkways, entrances and even driveways.
Concrete Floor Applications
Stains can be used on a wide variety of concrete floors. We’ll help you choose the style that works best.
- Current Cement Surface – This works with new surfaces and floors that are in good condition. Concrete stain will add a natural finish.
- Polished Concrete Floors – Expand your decorating options. Saw cutting, multi-color designs, and classic patterns transforms both indoor and outdoor areas.
- Concrete Overlays-This thin layer, about an eighth of an inch thick, can restore existing surfaces and offers a variety of color and decorating options.
- Self-Leveling Concrete – Correct uneven surfaces and raised features.
- Stamped Concrete – we can customize for a completely natural look.
Who Uses Decorative Concrete Stain?
The beauty, durability, and great value of Concrete Stain makes it a popular choice for both residential and business floors.
- Residential Interiors – Basements, Kitchens, Baths
- Residential Exteriors – Patios, Garages, Driveways
- Restaurants –Dining Rooms and Kitchens
- Retail Stores and Malls
- Hospitals and Medical Offices
- Office and Commercial Buildings
- Industrial Buildings and Warehouses
- Auto Dealers
- Kennels and Veterinary Hospitals
Areas We Serve
We specialize in areas from Providence Rhode Island to Boston Massachusetts as well as the Cape and Islands. We have completed many projects throughout New England and will travel depending on the project.