Customer Name: Randolph Products
Location: Chicopee, Massachusetts: Just outside of Springfield, MA
Needs: A decorative, yet durable, flooring system that hide tile grout lines
The customer had acquired the facility from existing coatings manufacturer BASF and relocated in 2003 to support their growth in military, general industrial and conductive coatings business segments. Throughout the last decade, they have been completing major upgrades to their facility to ensure that they can compete with the growth in this industry. New England Floor & Wall was tasked with the job of providing a seamless floor directly over existing quarry tile.
Scope of Work:
- Diamond grind entire floor with industrial floor grinder
- Chip out existing tile surrounding drains and create a slope to drain that is flush in the finish flooring system
- Eliminate the majority of existing tile grout lines by flooding with an epoxy primer coat that has been mixed with silica sands
- Make feather edged cuts at termination lines to ensure floor has a clean termination
- Diamond grind entire floor to smooth and knock down excessive aggregate
- Use an epoxy impregnated with amorphous silica to patch any grout lines that remain
- Install a decorative flake high performance resinous flooring system- this product has excellent stain resistance, chemical resistance, impact resistance, and slip resistance; it also creates a uniform finish that a business can take pride in for years to come
- All flakes are knocked down with a steel trowel to
- Install a high performance polyurethane topcoat to the entire area to finish this beautiful seamless flooring system
Working alongside an entire contractor group, New England Floor & Wall was able to completely eliminate the unsightly grout lines to complete this decorative flooring system according to the schedule laid out originally. Given the proper steps, these dated tile floors can be brought into the 21st century with these durable floors that are also backed by manufacturers’ warranties.