Customer Name: Hilliard’s Chocolates
Customer Location: North Easton, MA
Customer Needs: A decorative floor finish in the back of the house, and a durable floor that can stand up to the rigors of chocolate manufacturing
Headquartered in North Easton Massachusetts, Hilliard’s Chocolates had been creating their exquisite candy in the same “Kitch-In-Vue Candy Store” that they had been using since 1950. As the need for space increased, they had commissioned a new facility to be built on the property. After meeting with the contractor, New England Floor & Wall and Hilliard’s’ agreed upon two separate systems; a decorative flake finish flooring system for the back of the house, and a ¼” epoxy resurfacer for the manufacturing area, with the caveat being that the entire floor would be installed over plywood.
Scope of Work:
- All plywood areas were prepared using swing sanders and 36 grit sandpaper
- Vacuum entire floor
- Fill all plywood seams using an epoxy/amorphous silica blend
- Fiberglass over all plywood seams, increasing the structural integrity at all terminations
- Install patches created by epoxy mortar
- Install zinc strip to termination areas
- Install various integral cove base to eliminate the fear of water traveling
- Install ¼” epoxy mortar resurfacer system in manufacturing area- this product is one of the most durable on the market and is easy to clean and sanitize
- Install decorative flake flooring system in the back of house area, allowing for a slip-resistant floor that can stand the rigors of chocolate making while still being an aesthetically pleasing design
- Install a high-performance topcoat to both areas respectively.
Working alongside an entire contractor group, New England Floor & Wall was able to finish this project on schedule. Shown in the before and after pictures, the transformation of this project has been tremendous!