Customer: Rhode Island Convention Center, Providence RI
Needs: A decorative floor finish that could stand up to the rigors of a convention center
With the existing floor removed and a checkerboard of adhesive left behind, NFW was commissioned to install a flooring system that included the lounge for alumni/investors, the back of house thru-way, and the storage area for the various events that happen regularly. With a few ideas, NFW went to work coming up with various samples of a unique, yet subtle metallic floor that the customer approved prior to the start of the floor. Doing this ensures that the customer can physically see what they are going to be receiving as opposed to a picture idea.
Scope of Work for RI Convention Center Metallic Flooring Providence:
- Finish removal of existing flooring
- Diamond grind entire floor with industrial floor grinder twice to ensure all existing contaminants are removed
- Install patches created by epoxy mortar
- Make “key-way” cuts to help lock in the flooring system
- Install heavy duty urethane slurry flooring system in the kitchen. This product is anti-microbial, is one of the most durable on the market, and is easy to clean and sanitize
- Install a unique, reflective, high-performance resinous flooring system- this product has excellent stain resistance, chemical resistance, impact resistance, and slip resistance; it also creates a modern look, with a unique finish that a business can take pride in for years to come
- Install a high-performance urethane topcoat to the entire area to create a seamless look
Conclusion: With a major event coming up, New England Floor & Wall was able to finish this project ahead of schedule, which ensured the convention center had ample time to prepare. What was once a dated area that needed a refresh, the completed areas in the convention center will now be enjoyed by many people throughout the year.